Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Python Developer to join their team for a contract-to-hire role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Python Developer
Location: Remote - The majority of the roles at this client will continue working from home until at least the end of 2021. Once it is safe to begin working onsite, staff can choose where they work – from home, in the office, or a hybrid of the two.
To be eligible to convert to a FTE of the client, you must reside in NC or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia or South Carolina
Term: 6 months contract to hire
- Responsible for the design, development, testing and support of our on premise and cloud based software.
- Independently perform the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications for mission critical systems delivering high-availability and performance to best meet customer needs.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code to support varied and more complex IT solutions
- Provide strong technical expertise and collaborate with other IT specialists to rapidly develop and deliver stunning solutions that meet changing business needs.
- Perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand more complex business problems and opportunities and independently execute all assignments.
- Evaluate options and make solution buy vs. build recommendations to management when requested.
- Analyze and recommend solutions to development and production issues while effectively communicating to the project team, applicable vendors and/or the manager in a timely manner.
- Research and stay abreast of technology trends and IT best practices, with a focus on continuous learning and possible application to the business.
- Provide direction and assistance to less experienced team members.
Is this a good fit?
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics or other relevant technical field OR Associates degree specifically in computer science. Candidates with non-technical degrees may be considered with the completion of relevant technical certification program.
- 5 years development experience.
- With no degree, 7 years of experience required.
- Java required
- RestAPI required
- Experience with Data Warehouse, Data Lake
- Experience with GitHub, Jira
- MDM experience Knowledge of Teradata, NoSQL/Cassandra