Contract opening for a Sr. IBM Sterling Consultant with our client in the health insurance field!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers. Our client's goal is to provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs
Position: Sr. IBM Sterling Consultant
Location: Remote (WFH) until at least Summer 2021
Term: 6 months, + possible contract extensions
- Bachelors degree in computer science or mathematics OR Associates degree specifically in computer science field.
- 5 years development experience.
- With no degree, 7 years experience required.
- Experience working with vendors for effective solution delivery.
- Exposure to IBM Sterling, Python Programming and/or ansible.
- Awareness of Cloud on a developer level.
- Familiarity with the User Interface framework.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities: Responsible for the analysis, development, installation, modification and support of complex software and/or information solutions. Designs software and/or information solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Independently perform all necessary discovery and fact finding to fully understand and execute all assignments.
- Independently code, debug, revise and document intricate objects or systems. Design solutions based on functional area assigned.
- Works closely with solution and information architecture to ensure alignment to design.
- Implement the tested and approved objects in a manner which protects the integrity of all test and production environments.
- Adhere to all solution delivery standards, service level agreements, and processes (i.e., Balancing, Data Security, Walkthru and Approval processes, Program/System documentation, Status Reporting, Escalation, Change Management, Problem Management, Software Development Methodology, etc.), as well as participate in the development of these standards and processes.
- Independently analyze complex business problems or opportunities and prepare detailed specifications and estimates from which objects will be written at the project level.
- Evaluate solution options and make buy vs. build recommendations to management.
- Independently provide effective communication to business and IS partners. This includes verbal, written, and electronic communication, as well as delivering presentations.
- Create effective unit test plans from the technical specifications as well as review junior staff members unit test plans for completeness/thoroughness.
- Independently analyze application and system problems and incidents; develop recommendations and solutions for those problems, implement those solutions, and provide communications on the associated actions, business impacts, and results.
- Identify best practices, communicate and implement these practices to the department.
- Create and sustain business literacy and understanding of business processes in the IS organization.
- Provide detailed application and code expertise to the development, testing, business teams.
- Coordinates vendor solution delivery and partners with vendors to effectively meet business needs and timelines.
- Provide direction and assistance to junior staff members.