Title: Sr. Design Program Manager
Location: USA Remote - CA
Our client is looking for an experienced design program manager to join our their DesignOps team in a contract role. This is an opportunity to lead program management for the design side of one of our client’s most strategic, ambitious, and innovative product initiatives – Connect.
You’ll be a part of their design leadership team, supporting high quality design work and efficient delivery. There’s a whole lot to the world of Connect, so you’ll have a chance to work across a large roadmap of exciting projects. You’ll be a trusted partner to cross-functional peers across the several feature teams which span multiple product pillars. Your knowledge of design practices and product development methodologies will make you a critical part of communication and management from concept to delivery (and all the fascinating, winding bits between.)
So, if you’re passionate about design and product, thrive when building trusting, collaborative partnerships, geek out on process and have fun doing it… we have a job for you!
The majority of the team is based in San Francisco, California, but this is a remote-friendly position. The contract is for 10 months, starting immediately, with a possibility of extending or possibly converting to full-time.
- Partner closely with product design leadership to ensure strategic vision is executed within given timelines and design quality standards.
- Act as a bridge between the design team and the engineering and product management teams on key initiatives.
- Collaborate with IC designers, content strategists, researchers.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, asset management, etc.
- Balance multiple inputs of priorities and needs, making sure inter-dependencies are understood and planned for effectively.
- Capture design requirements and project goals.
- Craft and manage schedules.
- Communicate project and program status.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands on experience working with in-house product design teams
- Real passion for user experience and design.
- An understanding of design quality and product strategy.
- An understanding of the design and product development process.
- Strong verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage in an environment of ambiguity with diverse partners.
- Ability to work across multiple complex programs.
- Nice to have: prior experience working with design research.
- Nice to have: experience working with both product and marketing teams.