Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Sr. Database Programmer
Location: Phoenix Arizona 85034
Term: 12 months
- Write, execute and validate DML, DDL, and DCL, functions, adhoc queries and stored procedure scripts to meet requirements.
- Reverse engineer and convert application logic / embedded SQL steps in Power Builder code to sql server stored procedure or functions.
- Implement DEVOPS for database components using CI/CD pipelines.
- Plan and implement SQL upgrade from 2008 to 2019.
- Configure, maintain and develop monitoring tools for database servers and components.
- Should interact and work with multiple infrastructure and IT groups for dependency assessment & validations, environment setup, maintenance and support.
- Develop data models, documentation & provide SME guidance for best practices on database infrastructure setup, operations, and upgrades.
- Adhere to strict confidentiality and data protection protocols.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Experience in writing, debugging, and optimizing complex set based sql queries, procedural sql queries and stored procedures.
- Expert in logical & physical design, security design, and capacity planning of sql server databases
- Familiar with SQL 2000 objects and its compatibility/equivalency with SQL 2019 objects.
- Expert in managing and administering on premise sql server databases with multiple versions (2008 to 2019) and at scale.
- Experience in database CI/CD pipelines, and DevOps is a must.
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks, and adjust to changes on priorities & deadlines.
Even better if you have:
- Prior experience on SQL 2008 to Sql 2019 upgrade, and application reverse engineering on data layer objects.
- Having an SQL server DBA or querying database certification.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!