Title: Senior Database Administrator-Fraud Analyst
Location: Fremont, CA
Type: Long Term Contract
This is a LONG term consulting role for one of our large Financial Services clients and will be working on a team responsible for the delivery of financial products and services to consumer and business customers via digital channels and leads.
We are looking for someone who is extremely strong with SAS/Macro and Analytics! If this is you, we are looking forward to meeting you ASAP!
- Senior analytical expert with hands on SQL, SAS and Tableau development experiences.
- He/She has to have the combination skill sets instead of a solely BI expert, Database Admin or SAS programmer.
- This position will be responsible for performing various complex activities related to fraud risk analysis, reporting and strategy development as it relates to the various Digital Channels.
- The position is responsible for supporting and collaborating with the Risk Portfolio Managers within FP&A and ensuring the most current fraud trends and fraud risks are being considered within product development plans, and product life-cycles.
- The position is responsible for analyzing the current performance of fraud alerting strategies, optimizing alerting strategies and recommending new or additional actions for alerting strategies.
- The position will communicate regularly with team members internally and outside of FP&A, and even outside the DCG group in order to complete requests or analysis.
- The position must be able to communicate effectively and efficiently to large audiences and management.
Duties may include:
- Performing more complex analysis and/or modeling that maximizes profits and/or asset growth and minimizes fraud and/or operating losses and other risk exposures;
- Providing analytical support for Internet and mobile banking, operating losses and other product strategies to ensure company goals are met;
- Segmenting and monitoring various risk, deposit and other product groups, vintages, concentration limits, etc. and making recommendations to management based on those trends; producing performance monitoring and benchmarks regarding growth, mix, losses and overall profitability and performance;
- Coordinating the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for senior management;
- Reviewing and analyzing trends in current population distributions and recommending strategies.
- Collaborates with multiple lines of business and divisions to strategize and develop multi-channel strategies.
- 5+ years of prior banking experience in risk analysis
- 5+ years of experience and a high level of proficiency in programming and data manipulation using SQL, SAS and Excel
- Ability to program customized queries to successfully complete tasks
- Demonstrated ability of working with multiple business groups at multiple levels of management with experience of communicating statistical information to all levels of the organization
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, determine priorities, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem-solving skills with positive, action-oriented attitude and independent thinking
- Ability to independently research needed data and complete requirements
- Ability to work, prioritize and communicate directly with the customer regarding ad hoc requests in a timely and efficient manner * Ability to package and present analytical findings in an insightful and intuitive manner which explains clearly the direction and recommendation of the information
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, and a large complex organization
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative field, or equivalent experience
- Internet and/or mobile fraud knowledge, especially as it relates to financial services
- Demonstrated experience with providing practical business solutions that are implementable
- Knowledge of the company’ Digital Channel offerings