Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Sr. Database Administrator
Location: Hartford, CT, Remote due to COVID
Term: 12 Months
- Provides technical support for the development, implementation and maintenance of an internal database.
- Maintain policies and procedures for ensuring database’s security and integrity.
- Implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Rely on knowledge and professional discretion to plan and achieve goals.
- Work under general supervision and usually reports to a supervisor, though some ingenuity and flexibility is required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- May require a bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2–4 years of relevant experience.
- MS SQL BI tools.
- Experience in working with PII
- In-depth knowledge working within the data warehouse
- Coding skills in languages such as SQL, Python and/or R
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., Stata, SPSS)
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques
- Reporting and data visualization skills using software like Tableau
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Experience with statistical software
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
Example of Duties
- Create reports for internal teams and vendor support
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data within a data warehouse
- Use graphs, infographics, and other methods to visualize data
- Designing and implementing processes to ensure data quality and integrity
- Structure large data sets to find usable information
- Work with a team of analysts and other associates to process information
- Working within a data warehouse providing recommendations and findings
Apply to MATRIX today!