Terrific Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
Position: Sr. Database Administrator
Location: Hartford, CT, Remote due to COVID
Term: 12 Months
- Provide technical support for the development, implementation and maintenance of an internal database.
- Maintain policies and procedures for ensuring database’s security and integrity.
- Implement data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance codes.
- Resolve database performance and capacity issues, and replication and other distributed data issues.
- Rely on knowledge and professional discretion to plan and achieve goals.
- Work under general supervision and usually report to a supervisor, though some ingenuity and flexibility is required.
- The successful candidate will perform database management duties including problem resolution, performance tuning, backups, recoveries, disaster contingency testing, database product installation and patching, database configuration and product life cycle management.
Example of Duties
- Manage maintenance of databases including backups, statistics, patching and upgrades
- Investigate, analyze and resolve database incidents including performance bottlenecks and connectivity issues
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements within the DB2 environment
- Develop reports/tools to help manage the environments
- Minimum 3 year DB2 zOS Database Administrative Experience
- Experience with CLOBs
- Proactive Performance Management
- Proactive Capacity Management
- DB2 Cloning Experiences
- Maintains policies and procedures for ensuring database’s security and integrity
- Implements data models, database designs, data access and table maintenance code
- Experience with online reorgs
- Experience supporting and upgrading DB2 Connect
- Experience with other relational database technologies is a plus
- Motivated, self-initiating with strong collaboration skills and a willingness to learn and grow.
- May require a bachelor’s degree in a related area and 2–4 years of relevant experience.
pply to MATRIX today!