Job Title: Senior Data Scientist – Machine Learning Engineer
Job Location: Bellevue, WA
Job Duration: 12 months
The AI/ML Technology group develops innovative closed-loop analytics solutions, enabling insight-driven decision making across the enterprise of a top 3 carrier. The team collaborates with multiple functional areas and impacts every element of the business: corporate, security, network, retail, IT and others. Data Scientists in the AI/ML Technology group are responsible for managing the full lifecycle of a project, from scoping requirements with our internal business clients to developing and deploying models in a reliable, scalable way. This role will be part of an internal consulting team, supporting developed ML data pipelines throughout the organization, responsible for understanding requirements for data needs and associated logic, validating outcomes from developed AI models, testing for efficiency, scaling and deploying to production.
- Support and deploy machine learning projects from test environments to production. These may be a new solution for a never-before-seen need or enhancement to an existing process
- Understand business objectives, systems, and data pipelines.
- Explore, analyze, model, and present data using SQL, R or Python from databases, data lakes, other internal sources, and external sources/API’s.
- Develop, test, deploy, and maintain robust code and models to Azure cloud infrastructure
- Clearly communicate where and how machine learning is being utilized to key stakeholders
- Participate in routine code reviews to ensure all deliverables are high quality and production ready
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to ensure that specifications are translated into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solutions
- Identify opportunities for pipeline accuracy, performance, and efficiency tuning improvements.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document ML code - models, ETL processes, SQL queries, and stored procedures
- Responds to data inquiries from various groups within client’s organization.
- Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by business management / leadership.
- 7 plus years of experience in statistical modeling, data mining, analytics techniques, machine learning software development and reporting
- 5 plus years of applied experience in building and deploying Machine Learning solutions using various supervised/unsupervised ML algorithms such as Linear/Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines, (Deep) Neural Networks, Random Forest, etc., and key parameters that affect their performance.
- 5 plus years of hands-on experience with Python and/or R programming and statistical packages, and ML libraries such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- 3 plus years of experience in building use cases / solutions especially around AI/ML cognitive services, based on Cloud infrastructure and services such as Azure cloud platforms and On- premise environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Certifications AI / ML and Azure Cloud platforms:
- DP-203: Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure
- Bachelor or Masters degree in highly quantitative field (computer science, or electrical engineering, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent domain specific experience in lieu of a degree.
- Expertise with scaling pilot machine learning solutions to large scale production environments
- Expertise with big data environments (such as Splunk, Hadoop, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes etc.) and visualization tools such as PowerBI, D3JS, etc.
- Experience with architecting, designing, developing software solution in Azure Data Factory (ADF) and on-premise environments.