100% remote contract opportunity for a Sr. Data Engineer to join a multinational global company.
As a Sr. Data Scientist on this special project, you will play an instrumental role in the definition, build and development of our data tool that will help large corporations “de-carbonize” in concert with our carbon neutral initiative. You are deeply technical, have keen product intuition, and can quickly toggle between first-order problem-solving and modeling techniques. You are a great team player and enjoy working with a group of devoted cross-functional partners to "make things happen".
What You'll Do
- Bring strong technical expertise to help drive profitability
- Build and productionize algorithmic pricing models
- Drive innovation, generate and validate new data, tactics and product ideas that maximize our business impact
- Be creative - relentlessly identify new ideas and data sources to solve very difficult problems
- Feature engineering and analytics to identify and demonstrate the opportunities of modeling improvements
- Drive cross-functional initiatives to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
- Lead the creation of pragmatic, prioritized, actionable roadmaps that effectively distill vision and strategy into efficiently shipped results
- Utilize your Operations Research and Econometrics skill to build classic optimization models
- Work on a greenfield Flagship Project with high visibility and cross functionality
- Masters degree in operations research, econometrics, computer science or a related quantitative field.
- Strong expertise in developing and deploying large scale machine learning and optimization models in production
- At least 5 years of industry experience in data science, with significant personal experience as a technical contributor.
- Experience solving deep technical problems using optimization and statistical approaches.
- Knowledge of experimental design and analysis
- Experience with common analysis tools - Python, R, and SQL. Expert with code and programming concepts.
- PhD degree in operations research, econometrics, computer science or a related quantitative field
- Experience working with spatial data, in revenue management, bidding, or in the logistics industry
- Expertise in convex programming and computational optimization