Sr. Data Analyst
San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
Target Start Date: April 2021
The Senior Data Analyst acts as a liaison between the business users and technical teams involved in planning, conducting, and directing the analysis of complex business problems. The Analyst supports multiple business units on building and improving the data infrastructure around loans and deposits transactional data. The individual builds use cases, business requirements and technical specifications that ensure the business receives the right data sets for analytics, internal and external reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed data mapping (source to target) document encompassing business, transformation and data quality rules that address data definition normalization across deposits and loan transactions.
- Document business and functional requirements to cater towards short term and long-term management reporting, regulatory reporting, dashboards and analytical needs of the business units.
- Performing data analysis and design activities at the operational and organizational level to build a single source of truth (central repository) for transactional data.
- Develop reporting prototypes with the goal of industrialization in a controlled environment.
- Engage and direct business partners and subject matter experts to identify priorities, scope, and requirements for complex business problems.
- Engage technical development team members to transition requirements to design, and to determine appropriate design approach.
- Support the build out and expansion of existing Deposits and Loans Data Marts to address evolving business needs.
- Plan and execute QA and UAT testing with test cases documentation.
- Act as the Business and Data analyst that liaisons between business units and the project team.
- Document the reference data and meta data for each release of the Transactions data store.
- 10+ years of business and data analysis experience in the implementation of data related solutions.
- 5+ years of financial services industry experience in the domain of deposits and loans is required.
- Excellent SQL skills to analyze, profile data and build report prototypes before handing over to ETL team.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas as simple, easy to understand concepts; ability to present. effectively to both business and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to clearly define projects, objectives, goals, schedules and assignments.
- Ability to work on adhoc requests like point analytics or reports to support existing data engineering team.
Preferred Experience (Not Required):
- Work with onsite and offshore vendor partners in the execution of data projects.
- UAT Test Cases and Scripts experience to test the roll out of different phases of the data mart.
- Ability to look and think outside the box to identify solutions that furthers the initiative and/or improves the effectiveness of the data usage for analytics and reporting.