PERMANENT Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr. Core Java Developer
Location: New York, New York, 10017
The position is for a Sr. Core Java Developer in the Equity Derivatives group to work on the buildout of the strategic Equity Derivatives Trade Capture, Lifecycle Management and Regulatory Reporting to support strategic business initiatives and regulatory requirements.
Requires very strong technical knowledge of Java, working knowledge of C# and .NET Framework and a solid foundation of server design methodologies. Must be able to write highly functional and performant code in a structured manner that can be applied to domains beyond equity derivatives. Successful applicant will help enhance, build and deliver application frameworks and specific functionality around trade capture and real time downstream feeds.
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets and Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on domain.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quants, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- 10 + years of Core Java experience
- 3+ years of distributed servers platform experience
- 3+ years of experience working with middleware vendor messaging technologies
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ year of securities industry experience
- 3 + years of experience with Agile tools
- 3+ years of experience with implementing complex business solutions with design patterns
• A professional certification in technology
• Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions
• A BS/BA degree or higher in science or technology
• Knowledge and understanding of derivatives and structured products
• Knowledge and understanding of trade lifecycle
• 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
• Knowledge and understanding of technology architecture: distributed and client server technologies
• 1+ year of Autosys experience
• 5+ years of C#.NET experience