Location: Remote -central timezone
Are you a result-oriented, polyglot programmer using 12-factor app methodology to craft your Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you! This client provides outstanding software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We deliver the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to build their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable value. The client's Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
What you get to do
- Craft microservices, components, & tools to automate the life cycle of highly available (HA), distributed services and applications on multiple platforms!
- Engineer quality, scalability, availability, and security into your code
- Protect your products with the assurances of automated testing
- Deploy containerized applications to AWS through your Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment
- Work with highly skilled team members, operations team, product managers, and architects as we collaborate to write code/algorithms, mentor one another and build infrastructure and software that matters
- You bring strong interpersonal skills, a demeanor emphasizing team wins over individual success and comfort working in an agile, social and fast-paced environment
- A discerning comprehension of standard REST API / gRPC for data interchange
- Practical experience with microservices architecture concepts like Service Discovery / API Gateway etc.
- Linux debugging skills
- Boundary-pushing software development skills in one or more of the following frameworks & languages: Java / Golang / NodeJS / Python/equivalent
- Advocate for IaaS abstractions, containers technologies & cloud platforms (like Kubernetes / Mesos / Cloud Foundry / OpenShift, Docker, AWS / GCP / Azure, Serverless)
- Promote proven architectures ("SOLID"/Hexagonal) and other design principles
- Methodically approach distributed tracing and monitoring of apps
- Reinforce sound repeatable automated services
- Have developed in more than one language and ready to pivot to any language/framework
- Prior experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management, using tools like Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Spring Boot / Bash programming
- Startup mentality
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent level of proven professional proficiency