Title: Sr. Business Systems Analyst (Data Scientist)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Summary of Work:
This position will provide professional-level business process support and analysis for major initiatives that support the Data Analytics Workstream of the Information Technology Advisory Committee. This position will contribute to the design and implementation of a branchwide data governance model and will review the current data and analytic portfolio and branch workload models to identify new opportunities and make suggestions for adjustments. This position will help inventory agency datasets and match those datasets against agency data needs. The position will perform gap analyses to determine where additional governance may be needed and may develop new governance policies.
Minimum Job-Specific Skills/Qualifications Required (in order of relative importance):
- Ability to convert business requirements into a technical design and implementation plan.
- Ability to analyze issues from system documentation and recommend solutions.
- Experience managing technical projects, including conflict resolution, issue escalations, status reporting and resource management.
- Understanding of courtroom operations and workflow.
- Experience in R and Stata.
- High level of technical writing experience.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical and communication skills with the ability to lead a technical discussion to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Excellent presentation skills for both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to management and technical committees.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with data visualization and software such as Tableau and Power BI.
Additional Skills/Qualifications Desired:
- Knowledge of data governance principles.
- Prepare effective written materials for purposes of user and system documentation.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Resolve complex technical issues.
- Explain technical issues to senior management in a nontechnical manner.
- Public sector or governmental experience desired.
- Exposure and experience with Cloud computing.
- Conceptual understanding of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM and Oracle Cloud Platforms.
- Experience using SQL, Python, or other database query languages.
Description of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide subject matter expertise to help design branch wide data governance model.
- Review existing workload models to determine opportunities for restructure or adjustment.
- Review current data analytics and activities and identify new opportunities and suggest adjustments.
- Review reports and publications, inventory datasets and match to data needs.
- Assist with messaging and education about data analytics to the courts.
- Complete monthly status reports.