Our Healthcare Insurance client is seeking a Sr. Business Operations Advisor to join their team for a contract role!
Our client has more than 5,000 employees and is the number 1 health insurer in the state of North Carolina serving more than 3.89 million customers.
Health care is changing, and our client is leading the way by provide innovative solutions that simplify the health care system, improve efficiency and outcomes, and help rein in costs. Our client is a not-for-profit with headquarters in Durham, NC.
Position: Sr. Business Operations Advisor
Location: This position will be work from home until the end of June 2021. Then, they will evaluate when it is safe to return to work at the Durham, NC office again. Alternatively, if you live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia; you may work remotely.
Term: 6 Months
- Assist in the prioritization and planning of work based on cost savings, business needs, resource availability, and solution-type.
- Collaborate and execute critical activities such as strategic planning, complex financial/qualitative analysis and thought leadership at a departmental and enterprise level.
- Proactively identify, evaluate and work to implement healthcare redesign, provider reimbursement and partnership strategies to meet growth objectives, as well as manage healthcare costs while improving outcomes and the healthcare experience for our members.
- Build and facilitate repeatable and company-focused strategic planning processes that include confirmation of continued relevance, progress evaluation and communication to affected stakeholders.
- Manage the overall workforce plan and staffing models, taking into account multiple and interrelated initiatives to either increase or decrease headcount, each with their own set of success criteria/outcomes, budget, and duration. Responsible for tracking employee hires by budget & competency, per the Strategic Plan and other key inputs.
- Facilitate the adoption of standard operating procedures related to process improvements and automations and assist with the communication and education of new SOPs outside of the department.
- Facilitate change management and business readiness activities to support business and process improvements and overall departmental/divisional effectiveness.
- Support and manage development efforts related to the enhancement and maintenance of our current products and market offer components.
- Lead special projects for the department/division/segment as assigned. Possible duties could include:
- Evaluation of potential opportunities and recommendations to reduce costs/improve efficiencies
- Review and evaluation of best or next practice opportunities for potential adoption
- Develop recommendations based on important industry literature and ensure leadership is briefed on current and emerging issues of importance to the organization.
- Serve as lead on engagements with external entities (i.e. consultants) and coordinate data gathering and research efforts based on the direction of leadership.
- Manage tracking of initiatives/projects for the department/division/segment and independently create presentations of initiative/project progress for varied audiences, which may include ILT and Senior Leadership.
- Consolidate and standardize data analysis and reporting for relevant business operations..
- Provide analysis and insights for proposed strategic initiatives by leveraging unique perspective on the end-to-end operations of the segment, department or division.
- Coordinate departmental/divisional budget analysis, provide input into and monitor budget forecasts and review progress against administrative cost reduction goals
- Track and evaluate goal progress, including data collection and analysis of key performance metrics (KPIs)
- Improve and strengthen business partnerships and stakeholder relationships for the department/division through focus on proactive communications, relationship building, and process improvements
- Provide input and recommended strategy for leaderships public speaking engagements and/or industry Board or committee meetings.
- Coordinate and manage vendor relationships as required by business operations needs
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Planning with project/program management skills
- Lean/Six Sigma/Greenbelt certification with process design
- Understanding of requirements gathering and analysis, as well as impact assessments
- Ability to lead the business through readiness activities (testing, training, communications, etc.)
- Individual with experience to take an assignment and run with it independently.
- Project management
- Process improvement
- Business case development
- Requirements gathering
- Experience developing business strategies and assisting with business case development
- Technical knowledge/familiarity