Our client is seeking a Sr. Android Engineer for a long-term contract in Irving, TX. In this role, you will be joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day. You must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in Android application development using Java, Kotlin. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, unit testing and releasing apps for Android powered devices to drive our digital products. The ideal candidate has a passion for code and putting the customer first and delivering an exceptional experience through the creation of extendable and re-usable products.
- 5+ years of experience in Android App Development using Java, Kotlin.
- 5+ years of experience integrating RESTful APIs.
- 5+ years of experience writing unit and instrumented tests using Robolectric, Mockito AndroidX.
- Experience with offline storage, threading and performance tuning.
- Good understanding of Google's Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- A team player with a start-up/intrapreneur mindset.
- Experience with CICD pipelines and deploying apps to Google Play store.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Familiar with frameworks such as React Native, Angular and Ionic.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools - Git (Gitlab).
- Exposure to retail industry, experience with e-commerce applications.