Title: SQL Server / Oracle DBA
Term: 12 months
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
We are looking for a SQL Server/Oracle DBA to join our team for a long-term contract opportunity. You will be responsible for strategically managing database technologies, planning, implementation, installation, upgrades, and the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise databases and systems. This position applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- ?????Plans, analyzes, develops, programs, modifies, tests, debugs, and implements complex computer systems? defines and develops requirements for creative, logical, and effective solutions? confers with management to determine feasibility of recommendations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems and/or process identification and definition.
- Analyzes system problems and takes corrective action.
- Designing the Data Encryption system, setting up user access policies, testing and implementing the centralized encryption module, encryption of databases, managing encryption keys and their rotations, backup and restore of encrypted objects, auditing and reporting, and all encryption related documentation, and work with customers to resolve encryption related issues.
- Maintains, administers, and patch SQL and Oracle databases to ensure proper access, maintain database integrity, ensure the best performance, ensure databases are backed up as scheduled and backups are recoverable.
- Develops and documents all Data Encryption procedures and standards? prepares documentation for new systems and system modifications in accordance with established County standards and procedures.
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 supports when required.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Ensure data integrity by enforcing security measures and creating confidentiality policies for database users.
- Provide technical leadership across the organization, from strategic decision making to project planning and execution to ensure that the business and technical architecture of delivered solutions matches the customer requirements.
- Work on all aspects of Database design, installation, maintenance, security, backup and recovery, tuning and configuration, patching, upgrade and migration, data encryption, along with development of scripts and other programs as required to support our enterprise class databases, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Perform other related tasks as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional level database administration, complex systems analysis, scripting, and software support in a large-scale Information Technology environment? or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience managing and leading technical projects with both Oracle and SQL databases. Proven ability to make responsible decisions, provide direction to peers and customers, oversee and monitor results.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with enterprise-wide Oracle and SQL database administration, installation, upgrade and configuration, advanced troubleshooting/tuning/optimization, backup and restore, and capacity planning.
- Must be able to independently work with the customer, gather requirements and provide analytical reports to variety of management levels and organizational departments.
- Coordinate with vendors and internal IT teams regarding maintenance/performance issues? oversee database server updates.
- Attention to detail essential, highly organized, and motivated to provide excellent customer support.
- Must be able to produce technical and user-level documentation.
- Oracle or SQL database certification (OCA, OCP, MCSA, MCSE).
- SQL High Availability experience configuring and maintaining SQL Clustered Instance, AlwaysOn, mirrored and replicated environments.
- Oracle Database Appliance, RAC, Clusterware, GRID infrastructure, ASM, Data Guard, RMAN experience.
- Experience with Quest Spotlight Monitor for SQL Server.
- Experience with OEM Cloud Control for Oracle databases.
- Linux and AIX (Basic skills)
Apply to MATRIX today!