Position: SQL Server Database Developer
Location: Carrollton, TX 75010 Hybrid role
Term: 6 Months - potential to convert
Our client is seeking an innovative and experienced SQL Server Database Developer to join their Data Warehouse Team. Support their exciting transformation of data delivery operations to carry ICS into the coming decades of growth. This key role is responsible designing new and efficient data processing methods and refactoring current operations to match new standards. This role will collaborate closely with Business Intelligence, EDI, Account Management Teams. An 80/20 split between new development and operational production support, lessons learned from support will provide the insight needed to improve their platform and overall efficiency. If you love a fast-paced and challenging work environment with future world-wide support opportunities, you may be their ideal candidate.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refactoring major components within the Data Warehouse processes to improve support, data quality and performance.
- Ensures data management standards, policies, and procedures and single source data strategy is adhered to.
- Contribute to new Real-Time Data Solution
- Supporting XML outbound SQL Generated EDI Maps (SQL Server XML syntax)
- Supports the production operations, provides Level 3 and On-Call support.
- Provides technical assistance and mentors staff in relation to database design and development techniques.
- Develops work plans or reviews other work plan timelines and manages workflows to meet project timeframes.
- Provides status to stakeholders.
- Contributes to strategic planning meetings and provides guidance and expertise on system options, risk, cost vs. benefits, and impacts on business processes and goals.
- Expert ETL/ELT, Data Pipelines, SSIS and Advanced SQL - Refactoring and Optimizing Large Code bases for performance and efficiency
- Strong understanding of Data Warehouse Principles and Designs
- Strong Performance Tuning and Optimization
- Strong Programming in PowerShell and/or C#
- Highly Proficient and Productive
- 7+ years - SQL Server Administration - Automating Monitoring (expert level), Security analysis, Advanced knowledge on HA/DR solutions
- 7+ years - SQL Server - T-SQL
- 7+ years - ETL Design and Implementation
- 5+ years - PowerShell is a must
- 5+ years - SSRS
- 4+ years - Windows Server Administration
Nice To Have:
- 3rd Party Logistics (3PL) experience is a Major Plus
- AS400, RPG Knowledge