Very large 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) company and transportation management leader, is hiring a Programmer Analyst or Database Developer for a Transportation Management Systems (TMS) consulting role on their team that focuses on large Automotive manufacturing companies.
Will work 100% remote for the entire length of this fulltime consulting role (Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, somewhat flexible) which is expected to last 6 months+ in duration. Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to do deep analysis and troubleshooting to resolve issues within databases and data coming from multiple sources.
As the Programmer Analyst on this team, you will troubleshoot and resolve issues within Transportation Management Systems (Freight) and applications. You will be supporting and identifying root cause analysis and resolution of two separate issues regarding customer visibility to GPS pings and Geotab messages within a large transportation management system (TMS). These solutions utilize multiple systems so it is important this person can follow the data through the systems, start to finish and pinpoint where the issues are occurring within the system causing the loss of GPS visibility of tractors moving freight throughout the U.S.
- Must have the ability to work within Multiple applications
- Must have very strong SQL and SSIS experience to look up the output data as well as ability to read procedural language.
- Must be able to read C# preferably, Java or other procedural languages
- Experience with WCF or knowledge of how WCF (Windows Communication Foundation) services work.
- Data Collection and Analysis across multiple interfaces
- Experience working with the following Data Sources:
- Interface files
- Process Flow Diagrams (Visio)
- Able to understand business process
- Effective communication both internal and external
- Ability to Identify where gaps are and why data feeds are failing
- Should have a good understanding of the Transportation Management (Freight) Industry
- Transportation / GPS Coordinates
- Freight Verify / GEO Tab Messages