Leading Global Innovator Seeks Contractor for the Following
Position: Specialist Engineer
Location: North Barrington Illinois 60010
Term: 5 months
- Perform engineering tests of components and assemblies.
- Fabricates electro-mechanical test fixtures / assemblies with engineering supervision.
- Fabricate prototype parts and circuits.
- Assembles and tests prototype devices and systems.
- Assembles and tests prototype cables.
- Investigates, analyzes, repairs, and documents component or system level failures.
- Sets up data equipment to capture test data.
- Sets up and executes pre-defined subsystem/system qualification protocols with supervision.
- Document test data and procedures.
- Maintains software versions of operating systems and proprietary embedded software in prototypes.
- Manage lab space Recommend and purchase mechanical and electrical tools and materials.
- Maintains onsite and off-site storage locations accounting and materials handling.
- Maintains engineering lab spaces including ESD equipment and compliance.
- Maintains lab equipment working with metrology group.
- Manage prototypes.
- Maintains engineering development electromechanical systems.
- Performs regular maintenance using established protocols and tools.
- Diagnose and repair problems using appropriate instruments.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of mechanical system and practices.
- Maintains appropriate licenses / training / certifications, as needed.
- Works within established SOPs and / or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines.
- 5 years of experience as an Electrical Engineering/ Computer Engineering Technician.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology (ABET accredited preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work in a team environment and able to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Able to give attention to details and utilize time management techniques.
- Experience with root-cause analysis and failure analysis.
- Experience writing and running test protocols (doing final test of equipment before it is sent to customer).
- Demonstrates working understanding of electronic and electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrates working understanding of computer and embedded software systems.
- Experience reading schematics, diagrams and layouts.
- Soldering skills- surface mount / RoHS (3 recent years of experience).
- Experience fabricating and modifying components, fixtures, and devices.
- Experience creating simple electronic prototypes from a schematic.
- Demonstrates working understanding of a variety of laboratory test equipment.
- Experience using lab test equipment- oscilloscopes, data loggers, power supplies DMM's
- Any software programming experience in C, VB, C++, C#.
- Any Programmable Logic Control, automation or modular controller experience.
- Any advanced experience with mechanisms or circuitry.
- Experience working with complex electro-mechanic equipment.
- Experience with CAD software.
- Experience with document management.
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!