Title: Solutions Engineer
Location: Downtown Chicago
Our client, a leading insurance provider, is seeking a Senior Unstructured Data Solutions Engineer. As we move to create a deeper connection with the “connected consumer,” unstructured data derived from devices, vehicles, wearables and systems will be essential to enabling an integrated digital enterprise. We welcome you to join our Unstructured Data Strategy team to and help us unlock the potential of new and nontraditional forms of data. Be a part of a team building out a highly-scalable unstructured data platform which is already processing millions of unstructured objects a day. This role will have high visibility, great potential for growth, and a distinct opportunity to make a major impact within our industry.
As Sr. Unstructured Data Solutions Engineer role you will develop new solutions for analyzing/processing/enriching unstructured content; integrate advanced analytics solutions to optimize business decisions and processes by analyzing various forms of unstructured data sets like images, voice and video; and address new technical challenges using existing and emerging technology solutions. We can consider strong Solutions Engineers with or without unstructured data background.
- Design and implement a centralized Unstructured data management ecosystem to collect, analyze, store, protect and govern Unstructured data for the enterprise.
- Build a scalable platform for the evolving needs to support our Client's Unstructured Data Strategy.
- Identify and utilize new and emerging technologies to define comprehensive, sustainable, extensible architecture to meet defined business needs, including cloud or on-premises solutions
- Design and establish governance and data management frameworks for Unstructured data.
- Provide recommendations on implementation of organization wide processes and procedures for the management of data risk especially if the solution is based on a public cloud services.
- Coordinate with Network and Infrastructure teams to design systems that can scale to the operational needs of handling large volumes of Unstructured data
- Define strategies to Investigate, evaluate, interpret and classify Unstructured data in order to define and clarify information structures which describe the relationships between the Unstructured content and its associated metadata.
- Evaluate technologies & implement solutions that enable the capture, publication and governance of business and system metadata, including lineage and traceability
- Partners with other internal teams and peers in the department to ensure solutions meet the holistic needs of various stakeholders.
- Executes on initiatives to improve the accuracy, security, quality, completeness, speed of data, and decisions made from Big Data analysis.
- Leverages and uses best practices to develop technical solutions used for handling of Unstructured data.
- Supports Innovation; regularly provides new ideas to help people, process, and technology that interact with data ecosystem.
- Develop and builds frameworks/prototypes that integrate Unstructured data and advanced analytics to make better business decisions.
- Supports a clear communication strategy that keeps all relevant stakeholders informed and provides an opportunity to influence the direction of the work
- Trains and develops other engineers.
- 3 - 5 Years of experience as a Solutions Engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related area, or equivalent work experience. Master’s Degree in a quantitative or scientific field would be a plus.
- Experience in architecting/designing software products to drive data & analytic efforts using Java/python as the programming language.
- Experience/Knowledge of building applications using Public/Private cloud infrastructure
- Frameworks: Micro Service, Spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Hibernate
- Experience building event-driven architecture patterns using eventing/streaming frameworks like JMS, Kafka and Kinesis
- Database - Oracle, No SQL DB like MongoDB
- Experience managing Unstructured data, developing, managing, and manipulating large, complex datasets
- Experience with metadata management & ETL frameworks
- Experience with various data types (e.g. Unstructured, Hierarchical, Relational, Linked “Graph” Data) Understanding of security risks and vulnerabilities, leveraging tools and techniques to minimize risk.
- Experience and solid understanding of Bigdata ecosystems such as Spark, Streaming, Kafka, Object stores
- Experience/Knowledge of Object storage technologies
- Ability to communicate and present advanced technical topics to general audiences.
- Leading project teams of various skills levels from a Technical perspective
- Automation, Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible, Puppet), Dev-ops practices, CI/CD frameworks (e.g. Jenkins).
- Elementary networking skills, switching, routing, firewalls, load balancing.
- Linux Containers / Docker / Kubernetes.
- AWS Knowledge - Lambda, API Gateway, EC2, Step Function, AppSync, Dynamo DB, Cloudwatch, EKS.