Excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest nationwide healthcare organizations.
Location: 100% Remote
Type: 6-month contract
Rate: $78+/hourly, DOE
The Solution Designer establishes a consistent data implementation strategy and roadmap for the Office of Digital products. The role focuses on elements required to ensure data lineage, data linkages, data quality, consistent data domain definition/classification, business value of information assets, usage and integration across disparate platforms, and data availability requirements.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establishes standards for data naming and data domain classifications.
• Defines data attribution for key data domains.
• Retains standards in a metadata repository.
• Works with Product Owners, Subject Matter, and Domain experts to support definition and refinement of backlog features and user stories, acceptance criteria, data lineage and data validation rules for Office of Digital Products.
• Develops, maintains, and publishes a prescriptive architecture for Data Implementation practices which includes; a) identification of system of records, b) data flow diagrams, c) data domain definitions, d) information mapping to business usage, stewardship, and value e) data lineage, and f) conceptual data model(s).
• Provides prescriptive guidance and input into DDD (domain driven design) for the data & service layer design of the Application Development teams developing Office of Digital products.
• Develops repeatable data ingestion and provisioning designs for data providers and data consumers
• Applies minimum necessary principles in all data decisions and designs
• Creates an Information Directory/Catalogue for business data, including Master Data Management (MDM).
• Oversees development, registration and usage of data services placed in a reusable technology service layer.
Required Education and Experience
• B.S. in Science/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 yrs experience working as an application data architect / engineer where the majority of time was spent analyzing data requirements, producing data models and implementing those models in partnership with AppDev teams for ”Internet scale Web Applications”
• 5 years of hands-on Database (SQL/NoSQL)Development & Implementation experience
• Previous healthcare experience in a HIPAA regulated environment is a plus
• Senior leadership experience in a complex health care environment is highly desirable.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
• Understanding dependencies of different systems in terms of data and interlinkage of them.
• Capable of understanding “Tribal Knowledge” of various systems and work with data stewards and owners of those systems so overall data quality can be improved.
• Working through different groups to achieve a goal of “Master Data Management”, pertinent to Office of Digital.
• Understanding digital transformation and how web traffic data is used to enhance business outcomes and consumer experiences.
• Previous experience with ETL and data transformation tools like Informatica, Scribe or Talend is a plus.
• Experience in using an electronic metadata repository products.
• Experience in developing Data Quality capabilities for Data Stewards.
• Experience in developing Data Validation rules within Extract Load & Transform processes.
• Demonstrated understanding and implementation of a service oriented architecture and big data. Understand supported transport protocols and messaging capabilities.
• Experience with Microsoft Azure cloud based computing services, Big data, NoSQL, RESTful APIs and Security models
• Experience with Visual Studio Team Services or Team Foundation Services.
• The ability to work in fast past agile environment to evangelize best practices and clean architectures
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Self-directed, with the ability to engage and influence product and technology leadership in driving measurable results
Desired Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Training
• Working knowledge of HL7 and FHIR or related standards would be helpful.
• Experience in Healthcare industry is desirable
• Familiarity with compliance standards such as HIPAA, PCI, OWASP is a plus
• Experience working with the SAFe scaled agile framework