Position: Solutions Architect– Intelligent Traffic Systems and Engineering
Location: Dallas, Tx
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a global leader in the design and development of IoT solutions is seeking a Team Director of Intelligent Traffic Systems and Engineering to join and industry leading team in development of IoT based traffic engineering solutions. Traffic is a complex, nonstop challenge for major city centers and small communities alike. Coordinating traffic, staying on top of its ebbs and flows, is a demanding task for emergency support personnel, city planners and transportation system operators everywhere.
The burden of this task is bringing about significant changes in the way traffic is managed. Vehicles can now communicate to the roadway infrastructure, and autonomous driving vehicles are on the road.
- Lead a team of engineers and technicians supporting, maintaining, designing automation and monitoring, and producing a variety of traffic and ITS engineering projects for operations and innovation.
- Managing, assisting in analysis, implementation of projects including
- Traffic network upgrades
- Traffic operations studies
- Network health and condition
- Traffic signal systems integration
- ITS design, signal timing,
- ITS radio engineering and maintenance, traffic detection and monitoring systems – sensor and video.
- Working knowledge of traffic network systems operation and maintenance (Barco, Vasaila, RWIS, Cambium, Siemens or other ATMS video, detection and warning systems
- 8+ years of industry experience
- 2-3 years of experience with traffic network systems including Barco, Vasaila, RWIS, Cambium, Siemens or other ATMS video, detection and warning systems
- Knowledge of Texas state and local rules, regulations, standards, and procedures
- Understanding of local agency rules and regulations, technical specialization,
- Strong client service capability, and proactivity are required to be qualified for this role.
- 1 plus years of experience or knowledge of the Internet of Things (IoT network technologies and emerging ITS solutions and analytics
- Experience with Cisco networks and network management and monitoring with SNMP and other tools and protocols
- BS or MS in Engineering with transportation emphasis (preferred)
- Texas P.E. preferred
- PTOE Certification (Professional Traffic Operations Engineer) or ability to obtain within one year
- Excellent oral and written communication skills