Position: Network Architect- 5G
Location: Atlanta, Dallas or Remote
Duration: 12 Months
Our client, a global leader in the deployment of leading edge IoT solutions for commercial enterprise applications is seeking an 5G Network Architect and technology leader to operate as the one of the team’s subject matter experts (SME) for 5G RAN and 5GC Core technologies supporting enterprise customers. With a focus on advanced technologies and cross functional industry experience, this position leads highly complex 5G mobile technology teams developing business solutions in a variety of environments. As a senior consultant, this position reviews and approves sensitive and important customer design decisions prior to implementation in global enterprises. As a leader representing our client, this position defines 5G enabled applications solutions, strategies, technology innovation and enterprise architecture services.
- Supports 5G enabled core activities and reviews system designs in cross functional industries.
- Designs and project plans to ensure that solutions proposed will exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment.
- Work with customers to design and document a 5G enabled strategic wireless data enterprise architecture strategy.
- Supports cross functional technical implementations, security and product workshops, professional services, general assessments, detailed evaluations, and final selections.
- Supports other 5G enabled professional services engagements and scalability assessment activities.
- Operating additionally as a program integration manager focused on manufacturing environments, coordinates and manages activities of multiple solution providers, partners and software vendors on large project engagements.
- Development of 5G enabled solutions for sales proposals and creates strategies to win the mobility business in new markets or current accounts.
- Analysis for requirements, performance, capacity, availability, reliability, and scalability of 5G enabled solutions.
- 10+ years of experience working in progressive positions of technical responsibility with enterprise companies to implement emerging enterprise computing technologies.
- Must have mastered information architecture concepts, network layer models, service-oriented architecture components and understand business process flows.
- Broad and deep knowledge of 5G Radio Access Networks (RAN) and 5GC Core concepts.
- This knowledge should include expertise in 3GPP 5G Standards (Release 15 and 16).
- Deep understanding of LTE and 5GNR modulation as well as 3GPP standards to characterize massive MIMO systems over-the-air in industrial plants and supporting environments.
- Strong theoretical background in wireless communications.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems and to propose solutions for global enterprise environments with considerations of performance, scalability and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively work with business leaders to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions.
- Ability to evaluate the business implications of 5G technologies to current and future network environments.
Certifications: Industry and Vendor 5G certifications are highly desired. In addition, the individual selected for this position should have multiple industry certifications such as CCNA Wireless, CCSA, CCIE and/or CISSP. Additional security certifications such as Information Systems Security Architecture Professional (ISSAP) would be considered a plus.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a technical engineering discipline is required. A graduate degree in engineering or business administration is highly desired for this position