Leverage your experience and obvious talents within a dynamic, transformative team! This is a great team to upskill your career as well if you're newer in your Solution Architect career.
Our client seeks Solution Architects to provide leadership and technical guidance in the design and implementation of technology solutions to gain competitive advantage in support of business needs and strategy.
This is a 100% #REMOTE position working EST/CST hours.
- Translate business requirements into implementable technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of delivery, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards wherever possible.
- Provide leadership to ensure successful implementation working iteratively with the team to bring about successful and timely delivery of business-centric, integrated technology solutions aligned with Enterprise Architecture.
- Interacts with business unit management, applications systems management, technology management, vendors and industry experts in order to map business requirements into technology solutions that optimally balance cost, speed of implementation, and value while leveraging existing technologies and standards whenever possible.
- Ensures that designed Solutions are successfully implemented by participating in all phases of the SDLC while working iteratively to ensure that systems are successfully evolved and delivered as maintainable finished solutions.
- Provides clear and valuable documentation to support the team and communicates it effectively.
- Conducts research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives in the context of assigned work efforts.
- Reviews the current technology architecture landscape and seeks ways to leverage, improve and/or extend corporate technology investments. In the context of specific project efforts the Senior SA works with line management in establishing technical directions and strategies that ensure cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained.
- Supports the team in the development of best practices, documentation templates and process and workflow to optimize delivery.
- Supports the team through mentoring and ongoing guidance for fellow team members.
- Works with business and technology management to help manage and prioritize the team’s engagement with a specific business line or area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field,
- 7+ years of intermediate to senior level experience in multiple information technology disciplines such as Host/Server technology, communications (voice/data), PCs, mobile devices, virtualization, databases, applications, middleware, web technologies, data security and operating systems. Broad experience in different technology stacks such as IBM - Java/J2EE or Microsoft (.NET).
- 2+ years or experience with Microsoft software development
- Experience with the architecture and migration of applications to the cloud, ideally Azure but open to AWS
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce development and architecture
- Experience with one or more API Management platforms
- Experience with large Oracle installations
- Experience with and understanding of the deliverables and value proposition of Solutions Architecture
- Experience delivering business-centric, integrated technology solutions at an international scale
- Understanding of corporate strategy (and how technology supports and enables)
- Deep understanding of technology trends and a broad knowledge of technology products and vendors
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies, and processing environments.
- Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks; Problem solving; Creative thinking, developing and acting on ideas.
- Ability to balance the long-term and short-term implications of individual decisions.
- Ability to comprehend rapidly the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Knowledge of IT systems technology developments and trends.
- Broad knowledge in technology products.
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Familiarity with leveraging the Microsoft technologies: Azure / cloud, DevOps,.NET, etc
- Experience with common system integration and services frameworks such as SOA
- Experience participating in a diverse team setting
- Ability to act in a leadership role supporting teams of skilled resources
- Extensive knowledge of IT development best practices and processes
- Experience in mentoring and educating fellow technology staff members
- Ability to manage reporting and metrics for a small set of work efforts