Title: Solution Architect - Applications
Location: San Francisco, California
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support the company’s employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank’s information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most – providing extraordinary service.
Duties and Responsibilities
As part of the Information Services team, the Wealth Management Technology Team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric wealth technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action oriented individuals to help drive the implementation and development of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
This position reports to the head of Solutions Architect and supports development and implementation of Wealth Management’s technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within the company to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she must be a highly motivated, quality driven engineering architect for the team. The Solution Architect - Applications will consistently deliver solutions meeting the highest standards. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities across various IS groups.
What you’ll do as a Contingent Solution Architect - Applications:
- Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of wealth management technology solutions. Includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and other technology groups to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank’s goals and strategy.
- Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices.
- Provide guidance and inspiration to deliver engaging, innovative, and client-centric wealth management technology solutions.
- Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization.
- Review other developers’ solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards.
- Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
- Hands on experience to perform proof of concept for proposed solutions.
- Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
You could be a great fit if you have:
- Experience & Education
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
- 10 + years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
- Professional Skills/Competency
- Working experience on Data Architecture/Data Modeling (Snowflake, SQL Server preferred)
- Working experience with APIs (Open Shift Containers, Micro services, Kubernetes preferred)
- Deep understanding and experience with Event driven architecture
- Working experience on Data processing & Automation frameworks
- Experience with large Data Migration effort, Consolidating platforms
- Experience on developing Architect Blueprints
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure Architecture
- Deep understanding on foundational aspects (Security, DevOps & Governance)
- Data Virtualization experience (Denodo preferred)
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Frameworks
- CRM Salesforce experience (nice to have)
- Experience with Cloud Migration Programs (nice to have)
- Strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives
- Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing/current operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
- Knowledge and Understanding of Industry Trends and Best Practices
- Experience with delivering enterprise design patterns and end to end solution for mission critical highly available and scalable application involving vendors, custom development and matrixed IS organization
- Leadership Skills/Competency
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
- Ability to consistently demonstrate and follow high standards of integrity in business decision-making
- Personal Skills/Competency
- A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
- Ability to look toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
- Ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; a team player and encourages collaboration
- Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
Own your work and your career - apply now