Title: Solutions Architect - Remote
Type: Contract to hire or Direct Hire Opportunity
The proactively and holistically leads and supports Enterprise Architecture activities that guide the development and management of a portfolio of solutions. Solutions include projects, products, systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
He/she has a deep understanding of business goals, objective and business outcomes, business capabilities, value-streams, and business processes. The solutions architect provides the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to support the development of technology solutions to ensure that solutions meet business needs and align with architectural governance and standards.
He or she creates deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including systems (applications, processes and information), shared infrastructure services, and shared application services and components to enable and drive targeted business outcomes.
Position Responsibilities/Major Duties
Solution Architect will oversee and perform activities to create, modify and support solutions and the environment:
- Understands business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determines corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Understands emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Translates business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work.
- Analyzes the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determines their potential impact on the enterprise.
- Provides deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs to help the architecture review board (ARB) assess the impact of new and ongoing technology investment on the business and IT estate.
- Acts as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Designs and directs the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance and compliance.
- Defines the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Facilitates the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Supports product managers in EOL (end of life) product decisions to maintain, refresh or retire products, services or systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information).
- Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Monitors the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Identifies the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Works closely with the program management office (PMO) or project management office to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product lifecycle.
- Works closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provides consulting support to application teams within the agile teams to ensure the project or product is aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects and products to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Access Management and Security Team alignment through new and current solutions.
- Supports a community of practice (CoP), guiding and helping agile teams, product owners, and application architects to align with the overall enterprise architecture governance and assurance.
Lead Solution Architect must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of current cloud resources (i.e. Azure: serverless apps, DB as a service, APIM, messaging systems, containers / Kubernetes, load balancers, etc)
- Basic notions of data science, machine learning and supporting resources (Azure Cognitive Service, Azure ML, AWS Sagemaker, Google AI, etc)
- Knowledge of various backend development languages like Java, C# and Python
- Knowledge of various database technologies like SQL Server, MongoDB or Neo4J
- Knowledge of various aspects of an enterprise technology architecture like business, information, data, network and security
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies and related tools (such as waterfall, agile software development (Jira, Azure DevOps), rapid prototyping (Power Apps, Appian, etc)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Knowledge and understanding of different modeling languages (such as UML and ArchiMate)
- Understanding and knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture
- Excellent analytical, planning, organizational and technical and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with developers in an in-and-out outsourced environment
- Project management methodologies (Waterfall and Agile), concepts, and tools.
- Sales business processes, environment, users, and equipment.
- Expert knowledge of network, Operating Systems, Database Systems, Programming, connections, and application architectures.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in software design/development, mobile applications, application architecture, software integration
- Minimum 7 - 10 years of experience in system troubleshooting and testing
- Proven experience as a leader on medium to large complex projects.
- Bakery, CPG, DSD industry experience preferred.
- An undergraduate or postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, finance, business management or a related field.
Apply to MATRIX today!