Terrific Contract Opportunity!
Position: Software Test Analyst
Location: Lansing Michigan 48933
Term: 6 Months
- Evaluates and tests new or modified software programs and software development procedures used to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines. Writes, revises, and verifies quality standards and test procedures for program design and product evaluation to attain quality of software economically and efficiently.
- Reviews new or modified program, including documentation, diagram, and flow chart, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- Recommends program improvements or corrections to programmers.
- Reviews computer operating log to identify program processing errors.
- Enters instructions into computer to test program for validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and conformance to establishment standards.
- Observes computer monitor screen during program test to detect error codes or interruption of program and corrects errors. Identifies differences between establishment standards and user applications and suggests modifications to conform to standards.
- Sets up tests at request of user to locate and correct program operating error following installation of program.
- Conducts compatibility tests with vendor-provided programs.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Writes documentation to describe program evaluation, testing, and correction. Will use Microsoft Test Manager or Microsoft Azure Dev Ops to document and report on testing defects.
- Develops, publishes, and implements test plans. Writes and maintains test automation.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements automated test tools and strategies.
- Develops, maintains, and upgrades automated test scripts and architectures for application products. Also writes, implements, and reports status for system test cases for testing.
- Analyzes test cases and provides regular progress reports.
- Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 7+ years of experience in Software Defect Tracking, and Metric base reporting
- 5+ years of experience in Design/Develop/Execute Test Plans and Cases, in alignment to reviewed and approved User Story Acceptance Criteria.
- 7+ years of experience in Design/Developing/Executing Test Plans and Cases, in alignment with Customer approved Test Strategy.
- 5+ years of experience in creation and review of Project Test Documentation in alignment with Software Industry Standards.
- 5+ years of experience working in an Agile Software Development Environment.
- 3+ years of experience working with Microsoft Azure DevOps or Teams Foundational Server.
Even better if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in using MSSQL to develop and run scripts to perform data verification.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, apply today!