Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Capital Markets Desktop Developer
Location: New York, New York, 10017
Term: 12 months
- The successful applicant will work on a major new expansion within an established bespoke framework.
- Add new functionality within our framework which allows our clients to 'do more'
- Build out new components that allow users to configure and visualize reports in innovative ways
- Work with server teams to marshal data effectively for display
- The developer can expect to engage in all aspects of the SDLC from inception to delivery.
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- C#, .NET experience would also be a huge plus.
- Typescript - strongly preferred
- React - strongly preferred
- Angular - preferred
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions