Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Software Sr Engineer Specialty
Location: Charlotte, NC
Term: 12 months
- Support Tier 1 projects and Compliance/Regulatory efforts on FX Calypso
- Support Calypso upgrades, and migration of FX accounting to CDBO application.
- Work closely with business and technology partners to determine requirements, identify/prioritize, and resolve any queries.
- Provide testing support where needed through automated and manual testing.
- Support and enhance/test Calypso accounting processes, reporting, confirm generation, and related end of day scheduled tasks.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with team members for effective resolution of issues.
- Work directly with users to identify/prioritize and resolve.
- Support Calypso vendor upgrades time to time
- Development/testing of software – 40%, Supporting environments and DevOps – 30%, Meetings (scrum/team/partners) – 10%, User queries/ prod issues – 20%
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolve coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentor and train other members of the team.
- Partner with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manage vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Expected to mentor team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 6 + years of Java
- 2+ years of Oracle
- 2+ years Linux
- 1+ years of Calypso
- 1+ years CICD
- QA Automation tools
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quants, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- QA Automation Tools
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- A professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions