Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Sr Java Engineer
Locations: Summit, NJ; Philadelphia, PA; Raleigh, NC; St. Louis, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Des Moines, IA; Dallas, TX; Phoenix, AZ; or San Francisco, CA
Term: 6 months
- Works on developing enterprise pipeline
- Leads, designs, develops, test and implements applications and system components, tools and utilities, models, simulation, and analytics to manage complex business functions using sophisticated technologies.
- Resolves coding, testing and escalated platform issues of a technically challenging nature.
- Responsible for defining opportunities across IT to maximize resource utilization and improve processes while reducing cost.
- Ensures that systems are monitored to increase operational efficiency and managed to mitigate risk.
- Mentors and trains other members of the team.
- Partners with Management, Dev, QA, production support and platform engineering teams effectively.
- Focuses on building relevant capabilities in the organization to keep pace with demand and best practices in the industry.
- Manages vendor/contractor partnerships to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Operates in restricted to niche domains: such as Capital Markets, Quants, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning.
- Leads implementation of complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and leads the team to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Mentors lower level team members.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Should be aware of continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts and tools.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of Java experience
- 3+ years of experience with secure DevOps and deployment automation to cloud environments
- 3+ years of Spring framework experience such as Spring Boot
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quantitative trading, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Agile experience
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge and understanding of application analysis and tuning including: memory management, process or thread management, resource management
- Knowledge and understanding of application or software security such as: web application penetration testing, secure code review, secure static code analysis
- Experience utilizing PowerShell, Bash, Perl, or Python to automate complex manual tasks
- .NET Core experience
- Enterprise experience with one or more CI/CD implementation, configuration management and orchestration tools: Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, GitHub Actions, Harness IO, Spinnaker, Terraform
- Experience with one or more Cloud platforms: AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Azure
- API development experience with Apigee, Mulesoft, or a similar framework
- Grid computing / Elastic compute experience with ephemeral instances like Nuke and Pave to scale on-demand leveraging containers and tools like Kubernetes, Docker, EC2, IBM Symphony Grid, Parallel Computing, etc.
- Experience with one or more security and code quality scanning tools: SonarQube, Fortify, BlackDuck, Checkmarx
- Experience with one or more database platforms: Mongo, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with one or more Test Frameworks, Capabilities & Tools: Junit, Nunit, TestNG, Selenium, Appium, Lambda; Test Driven Development (TDD); Behavioral Driven Development (BDD): Cucumber/Gherkin
- Knowledge of and/or experience with any of the following: 12-factor/Cloud Native development, Kafka, GraphQL, Golang, Tekton pipelines
- Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions