Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Addison, Texas, 75001
Term: 12 months
- Responsible and accountable for end to end technical design and architecture of low latency web applications and service based applications
- Perform peer code reviews
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the client to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 12+ years’ experience of hands-on IT experience in developing highly integrated, secure web-based applications using Java/J2EE
- Wide Core Java Development experience.
- Experience developing solutions on a web application platform, Development expertise in the following web technologies: Java, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services etc.
- Hands on Experience with Microservices, Sprint boot, Spring Cloud and Netflix cloud ecosystem of technologies
- Experience in deploying application in Cloud, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Rich experience working in Agile environment
- Hands on experience adopting and implementing engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, Developer lead functional automation, Automated deployment
- Experience in recommending changes to application architecture with knowledge in infrastructure aspects and good ability to articulate to stakeholders.
- Skilled in configuration management aspects incl. Jenkins, Maven, UDeploy, Apache Ant usage
- Direct experience with one of Tomcat and WebLogic
- Experience of testing frameworks ex; Junit/Selenium/Cucumber
- Relationship experience with business partners (SMES, stakeholders, PMs) and technology partners (data analysts, application developers, QA analysts)
- Ability to assess and solve problems, grasp concepts quickly, and design solutions
- Familiarity with lending processes
- Excellent analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability in communications (written & spoken) and problem resolution
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills