Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Hadoop Developer
Location: Charlotte, NC; Chandler, AZ; Dallas, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Summit, NJ
Term: 12 months
- Responsible for sourcing Product, Transactional and Master/Reference Data from the Approved Provisioning Points to the Risk & Finance Foundational Platform; and enabling consumption of that data as data services across consumers.
- Regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- This technology role requires strong big-data technology and domain expertise in the Risk & Finance data.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 3+ years of experience with Waterfall and Agile project methodologies
- 3+ years of experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools for real-time or batch data ingestion.
- 3+ years Big Data, Scala and Apache Spark development experience with Hive and NoSQL (MongoDB)
- 5+ years of experience in data management, data modeling, metadata management, master-data management and data movement
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex enterprise wide information technology solutions
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills