Back to Job Search

Software Engineer

  • Location: Cedar Rapids, 52498
  • Job Type:Contract

Posted 17 days ago

Long term contract opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA for a Software Engineer who has experienced working with a global team, and has experience in Agile methodologies and drive to deliver on customer commitments. Will provide compelling gains to the consistency, efficiency, and productivity of product development efforts across the enterprise.
 
Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
  • Develop applications in the .NET environment using C#, VB, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap.
  • Understand and be able to perform database development – preferably with MySQL, MS SQL.
  • Work as an Agile team member with remote and global teams.
  • Collaborate with database developers and assist with debugging issues.
  • Utilize JSON objects and integrate with the database.
  • Spend 80% of the time developing and understanding the Mission Systems/CT3 Bidmaster Web (BMW), Program Approval and Repository System (PARS), Integrated Status & Assessment Tool (ISAT), and Staffing Center applications. The other 20% of the time, will be for documenting what they had learned about the tools, infrastructure, libraries, configuration, etc., and working with the management who will make sure the team is getting what is needed to clone and own those tools in 2023.
 
Qualifications:
  • Education: Bachelor’s degree in the appropriate discipline (STEM degree is preferred) with 5 years of software engineering experience. In the absence of a Bachelor’s degree, an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of software engineering experience. In the absence of a degree, 9 years of software engineering experience is required.
  • Telerik Controls
  • Continuous Integration experience, preferably with Jenkins
  • Good working knowledge of ASP.Net, Web API and Windows services.
  • SOLR
  • Atlassian Suite knowledge (Jira in particular)
  • Testing approaches such as TDD (NUnit).
  • SVN/Git
  • Experience with web deployment process with IIS servers, Powershell.
 
About our client
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.

Candidates will be responsible for following the client's COVID-19 protocols. Please refer to your MATRIX representative for specifics.

About Us

At MATRIX, we expertly match talented professionals with job opportunities to elevate careers. Since 1983, we have placed thousands of professionals at innovative clients across every industry ranging from small startups to Fortune 50 companies. It’s why we’re consistently in the top 25 of all U.S. IT staffing firms and why our consultants rate us well above the industry average, earning us ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing awards year after year. People come to us for a job, and stay with us because of our top-notch consultant care.

MATRIX is and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals.  Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable. If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you may request a reasonable accommodation under the American Disability Act (ADA) by emailing MATRIX_HR@MatrixRes.com. To ensure a quick response to your request, please use the words “Accommodation request” as the subject line of your email.