Position: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Des Moines, IA 50392
Term: 12 Months
- Independently conduct analysis and development, requirements, coding, automated testing, debugging, designing, documentation, quality assurance review, implementation and maintenance.
- Understand and make well-reasoned design decisions and trade-offs.
- Demonstrate independence working in more than one software development layer of the solution.
- Participate in technical design of features.
- May be required to provide on-call support.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Associate's or bachelor's degree (preference in a computer science, technology, engineering or math-related field or equivalent experience) and 6+ years of work experience or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience as an IT professional.
- Ability to obtain certification(s) in an IT related field.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and financial services products.
- Proficiency with database applications, knowledge of mainframe, distributed and/or web programming language.
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams and collaborate with both It and non-IT partners. Some travel may be required, including overnight stays.