Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package!
Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Software Engineer Specialty
Location: San Francisco, CA; Charlotte, NC
Term: 12 months
- Support Tier 1 projects and Compliance/Regulatory efforts on FX Calypso.
- Support Calypso upgrades, and migration of FX accounting to CDBO application.
- Work closely with business and technology partners to determine requirements, identify/prioritize, and resolve any queries.
- Provide testing support where needed through automated and manual testing.
- Will be utilized to support and enhance/test Calypso accounting processes, reporting, confirms generation, and related end of day scheduled tasks.
- Enhance and support regulatory solutions on the Calypso platform including CFTC and SDR reporting.
- Troubleshoot production issues and work with team members for effective resolution of issues.
- Work directly with users to identify/prioritize and resolve.
- Support Calypso vendor upgrades time to time
- Serves as a technical resource in finding software solutions in niche domains (defined below).
- Conduct research and resolve problems in relation to processes, and recommend solutions and process improvements.
- Analyze user needs, determine requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain software solutions to meet niche domain (defined below) business requirements.
- Provide technical support, advice, and consultation with the issues relating to supported applications.
- Create and maintain process documentation for programs.
- Create test data, conduct interfaces and unit tests.
- Assures quality, security and compliance for supported systems and applications.
- Invest effort in learning domain knowledge and becoming an SME for the application and business function supported by the team.
- Design, code, test, debug and document programs using Agile development practices.
- Restricted to niche domains: such as capital markets, quants, artificial intelligence, machine learning. Implement complex projects/initiatives on above domain.
- Understands and participate to ensure compliance and risk management requirements for supported area are met and works with other stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives.
- Assist other team members in advanced software development.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 2+ years of Java
- 2+ years of Oracle
- 2+ years of Linix
- 2+ years of automation tool experience
- 1+ years of CICD
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: securities, quants, artificial intelligence, or machine learning
- Calypso experience
- A Masters degree or higher in computer science or finance
- A professional certification in technology
- Basic knowledge of industry regulations related to building technological solutions