This Senior Software Engineer role is with a leading retailer in their enterprise technology team working in design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems.
Translate business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business, and support these systems while in production. Interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet business requirements and design, develop, test, install, and deploy the required software applications.
Role and Responsibilities:
Working in a large -scale enterprise environment specifically associated with the Supply Chain organization to deliver transformation and modernization of Transportation Management Systems.
This work will focus on implementation and integration for enterprise TMS with various other applications and systems across the enterprise. This effort is part of a large scale multi-year transformation that supports growth plans and roadmaps for strategic e-commerce plans.
You will work with teams to integrate TMS with Google Cloud Platform as well a legacy systems. Heavy cross platform integrations, utilizing Java, Microservices, SOA, Event Driven Architecture, WebServices and messaging are essential. This role will interface with technology teams and leadership across the enterprise with distributed teams.
- Bachelors degree
- 8-10 years of “hands-on” experience with Java Enterprise, Java application servers (Websphere, or Weblogic, or JBOSS), and relational databases (Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server).
- 3-5 years of “hands-on” experience with Web Services and Messaging Layer using SOAP, REST, JAXB, JMS.
- Experience with packaged software, supply chain or TMS preferred, and cross platform integration
- In-depth knowledge of event-driven architecture (EDA) and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Deep technical understanding of the technologies in the enterprise systems; includes (but not limited to) Java/J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, EMS, Kafka, JBoss, RDBMS, Cloud/Microservices, Caching, Secure Development Lifecycle, Distributed Processing.
- Experience in CI/CD, DevOps process and tools, and Containerization.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Able to juggle multiple projects - can identify primary and secondary objectives, prioritize time and communicate timeline to team members
- Ability and desire to take product/project ownership