Position: Software Engineer Lead
Location: Cranberry Twp, PA
Term: 6 months
Our client is a multibillion-dollar company that provides technologically advanced solutions for global aerospace and the defense industry. With over 68,000 employees they can continue their legacy of quality, trust, and customer service. If you want to work with the most innovative and passionate people and soar together, apply today.
Individual contributor working under direction of technical leadership. Begin to acquire product domain knowledge. Plan, analyze, design, test and document software of limited complexity generally in one functional area under guidance of more senior engineer
Our IMS Security, is seeking a Software Engineering Project Lead to support our Surface Transportation and Critical Infrastructure team in developing and deploying security solutions that facilitate protection of the nations critical infrastructure.
- Plan and execute all assigned projects while working closely with Project Manager(s) and all project team members.
- Participate in all aspects of system installation and configuration on assigned project(s).
- Participate in onsite installation and commissioning activities on assigned project(s).
- Assist with the development of project deliverables, including database, documents, software releases, etc.
- Assist with testing activities on assigned project(s).
- Follow all ARINC ISO, CMMI, and software engineering policies and procedures in performing day to day activities on assigned project(s).
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed on schedule and with high customer satisfaction.
- Establish effective communications and working relationships with team members on assigned project(s) and with other departments.
- Establish effective communications and working relationships with external customers under the guidance of management team on assigned project(s).
- Acquire knowledge of our Security Systems products and services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in the appropriate discipline and 3 years of relevant experience. In the absence of a degree, 7 years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM is preferred.
- Experience in application design, implementation and installation of real-time computer based process control systems.
- Experience in systems integration, including all phases of the software/system development life cycle.
- Experience with the following:
- Visual Studio 2012/2019
- Oracle (or other relational database)
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft operating systems
- Network Architecture and Cisco IOS software
- Microsoft O365 Applications (Outlook, Office, Teams)
Key skills for success:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required to interface with vendors and customers (internal and external).
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional team environment.
- The desire to learn new technologies and apply to those to current and future projects.
Desirable experience with the following:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Installation and configuration of networking devices
- Installation and configuration of video surveillance systems
- Software development life-cycle, including waterfall and Agile.
- Software configuration management