TITLE: .NET Software Engineer (III & IV)
TERM: Permanent - FTE
LOCATION: Jacksonville, FL / Remote
As a Software Engineer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for business partners. Your SCRUM team responds to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6 years of progressive work experience designing business processes, process mapping, working on process improvement initiatives, and business applications system design. Experience must include:
- Extensive experience testing and debugging business application systems and processes
- Extensive experience developing software products for clinical environments and medical labs
- Extensive experience integrating both in house developed software and externally purchased software for large applications
- Web portal development experience
- .NET C# Development experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge, skills and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- .NET C# Development experience
- Experience with Openshift, Kubernetes, or similar containerization tools
- Experience with REST APIs
- Strong understanding of infrastructure as code
- Experience with Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with CICD pipeline best practices
- Experience with X12 is a plus
- Experience working in a high volume of data including data conversion and data manipulation
- Knowledge of web development methodologies, application design, navigation and information architecture
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Maintain and Write code for complex systems that address project specifications and guidelines.
- Write programs that span multiple platforms.
- Offers occasional innovative ideas and products to the organization.
- Provide input and drives adherence to programming or development standards.
- Consult on database set-up and lead project level database design.
- Coordinate with others on architectural standards.
- Consult on integration issues and determine the best integration approach.
- Accountable for architectural integrity and technical debt.
- Maintain Software
- Reviews the code of other developers and identifies alternative development approaches for the team.
- Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
- Identify system requirements and recommend issues and alternatives for change. Able to report missing elements and explain the impacts on subsystems. Offers recommendations for correction.
- Leads and makes changes in development maintenance and system standards.
- Write detailed technical documentation for entire systems (made up of several subsystems) and identify integration points.
- Review technical specifications created by less experienced developers.
- Perform unit testing and complex debugging.
- Work with other team members to resolve problems or issues.
- Ensure appropriate testing is being completed by the team.
- Define and report quality and quantity metrics on the performance of the team.
- Serve as a Technical Lead for large, complex projects that require skill and experience in multiple technical environments and process knowledge of a specific business area.
- Estimate work efforts for AIR backlog.
- Drive analysis of technical feasibility and feedback on new product objectives.
- Partner with all stakeholders to identify potential slippage or inter-team dependencies.
- Scope project time and resource requirements incorporating into a singular scope document for integration points.
- Recommend resource allocations and task assignments for backlog and chartering.
Apply with MATRIX today!