About the job:
You’re joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, marketers, designers and engineers who research and innovate on latest technology to create awesome digital products that millions of people experience every day.
You are responsible for exploring cutting-edge technologies and prototyping highly efficient software/hardware solutions that aim at reducing customer friction and management cost, enabling innovative user experiences, and increasing revenue. The position requires working in a fast-paced environment which needs the mindset of a startup: we are constantly iterating, testing, and learning.
- Research, prototype, and develop software solutions to solve problems across retail
- Stay up to date with tech, prototype with and learn new technologies/emerging libraries
- Collaborate & Learn from - peers across multiple disciplines, such as UI/UX Design Partners, Products and Systems Design Teams, computer vision & machine learning Engineers.
- Deliver on time with a high bar on quality of research, innovation and engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in creating API using NodeJS, Python, Java – Spring Boot or Go developing software solutions for real world problems (Recent experience in NodeJS required)
- Familiarity with RESTful API’s knowledge & modern authorization mechanisms like JWT, OAuth..
- 5+ years of Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- 3+ years of experience using CI-CD tools for containerized deployments and cloud architecture
- 3+ years of Experience with Micro-Services or SOA Architecture and a variety of design patterns.
- Familiarity with Queues/Topics (pub/sub), Kafka or other data-streaming frameworks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or related discipline
- Good to Have: Familiarity with Jenkins Pipeline, AWS Cloud Formation Deployments, AWS/Azure Developer Certifications.
- Knowledge of constructing PostgreSQL or Mongo query strings and fine-tuning them for performance
- Familiarity with WebSocket connections and knows when to use them.
- Previous experience with creating IOT or Mobile Backend Systems is a big plus.