Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Dallas, TX 75240
Term: 12 months
About the Role:
Looking for a Senior Developer with JAVA Experience for Development and Support Activities.
- Technical Analysis of Business Requirements and Design interpretation – Ensuring understanding of design in response to business requirements and is able to interpret and successfully implement solutions.
- Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
- Subject Matter Expert - Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Technical Process Management – Ensuring all development and implementation activities follow technical process for compliance purposes.
- Release Management – Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
- Escalation Point - As an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Leadership & Mentoring - Leads projects, including assignment of tasks, and provides direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 12+ years’ experience of hands-on IT experience in developing highly integrated, secure web-based applications using Java/J2EE.
- Responsible and accountable for end to end technical design and architecture of low latency web applications and service based applications.
- Wide Core Java Development experience.
- Experience developing solutions on a web application platform, Development expertise in the following web technologies: Java, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services etc.
- Hands on Experience with Microservices, Sprint boot, Spring Cloud and Netflix cloud ecosystem of technologies.
- Experience in deploying application in Cloud, preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Rich experience working in Agile environment.
- Hands on experience adopting and implementing engineering practices such as TDD, BDD, Developer lead functional automation, Automated deployment.
- Experience in recommending changes to application architecture with knowledge in infrastructure aspects and good ability to articulate to stakeholders.
- Skilled in configuration management aspects incl. Jenkins, Maven, UDeploy, Apache Ant usage.
- Direct experience with one of Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Perform peer code reviews.
- Experience of testing frameworks ex; Junit/Selenium/Cucumber.
- Relationship experience with business partners (SMES, stakeholders, PMs) and technology partners (data analysts, application developers, QA analysts).
- Ability to assess and solve problems, grasp concepts quickly, and design solutions.
- Excellent analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability in communications (written & spoken) and problem resolution.