Terrific 12+ month contract opportunity (with potential for converting to full-time) in Salt Lake City, UT for a Gaming Software Engineer. Will act as the SME with respect to integrating game engines into non-gaming applications. Will be working on new product development with internal team members/developers and other SME's.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering relate to gaming required.
- Deep architectural understanding of Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Engine 5, including threading model, efficient level-streaming for open-world support, strong C++ interface knowledge, Blueprints, optimal data formats, Unreal plugin architecture, use of custom shaders for application-specific effects.
- Unreal Engine 4 and Unreal Engine 5 knowledge relevant to Windows-based platforms with PC gaming cards, XR headsets, and Android mobile devices.
- Experience with soft real-time systems and a desire to work on design challenges that may require novel solutions.
- Strongly prefer knowledge of cloud-native design, especially related to gaming, including Microservices and serverless architectures, Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure, DevOps/DevSecOps principles.
- Strongly prefer knowledge of simulation and training systems such as vehicle and flight simulators.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, Apply Today!