Work with the brightest minds at a company recognized as one of Forbes’ “Next Billion Dollar Companies.”. This is permanent opportunity that includes a full suite of benefits!
Our client is creating a cutting edge technology platform that connects healthcare professionals with flexible job opportunities at caregiving facilities across the country. In just a few short years, they have become one of the fastest growing companies in the history of the healthcare staffing industry and was recognized as one of Forbes’ “Next Billion Dollar Companies.” They are continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that truly cares about their employees while also making it their mission to help people everywhere get care, then apply today!
Role: Software Development Manager
Location: 100% remote
Salary: $195,000 - $215,000 (DOE) + Equity Shares
Other great benefits and company perks:
- Paid vacation & sick time (unlimited PTO), paid family leave, and flexible work hours
- Health insurance, vision, and dental
- Mindfulness and fitness reimbursement
- Monthly cellular phone reimbursement
- 401k Plan
- We're looking for a people-minded technical leader that will directly impact our ability to scale our marketplace business. You will lead, support, and provide daily guidance to engineering teammates as we build products and services, as well as champion, role model, and uphold Trusted’s cultural values.
- You will also support the Engineering team’s people management needs, including mentorship, career development, and performance management.
- Lastly, you'll spearhead cross-functional technical initiatives and solve systems-oriented problems now and in the future in an economical manner.
- We use Ruby on Rails for our backend, React for our web clients, React Native for our mobile app, along with GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres, although direct experience with all of these technologies is not required.
- Effectively lead, mentor, and guide the professional and technical development of your teammates, working with them on projects that match well to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Define and execute on your team's quarterly & annual deliverables to ensure that we continue to deliver scalable products and services that have a directly positive impact on our business’s goals and objectives
- Prioritize short-term and long-term goals with engineers & product managers to maintain a balance between building sustainable products and shipping quickly.
- Collaborate with teammates in Business, Ops, Legal, and Marketing to ensure we're solving problems in a holistic manner
- Spearhead and lead specific engineering department initiatives related to reliability, security, and velocity to completion
YOU EXCEL AT
- Leadership. You're a strong people leader that will cultivate a clear vision & priorities for your team.
- People Management. You have experience managing a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development. You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- Teamwork. You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- Communication & Collaboration. You're able to work with and convey complicated engineering concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Systems Thinking. You can grasp the interconnected parts that make up the whole of our products and related business and engineering processes and build up on them cohesively.
- 8+ years’ experience as hands-on, technical individual contributor owning responsibilities of the full development cycle
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical leader managing high-performing engineering teams & leading/contributing to planning and design discussions
- Direct experience implementing and iterating on engineering team processes and best-practices at a scaling technology company.
- Solid programming skills in modern web languages & frameworks
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or equivalent experience