Our client is seeking a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) II for a direct hire opportunity located in
LOCATION: Dallas, Texas
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a detail-oriented, client-focused, quality automation engineer who participates in the evaluation and testing of the client's software application programs to verify that applications function according to specifications and standards. They will work very closely with the members of cross-functional delivery teams and will be focused on creating and maintaining our automation test framework, developing automated tests and developing application software. The successful candidate will be a team player that works closely with engineering, product management, and quality assurance peers to deliver high quality solutions. This position requires passion for quality and development, with demonstrated ability in one or more of the following areas: Team leadership, software development, test engineering, DevOps, and contribution to automation frameworks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributes to the test automation framework to create or enhance existing functionalities.
- Maintains the framework as needed based on the needs of the organization
- Provides training and mentoring to Quality Engineers in using the framework
- Creates and maintains documentation to support the framework
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of training material for the framework
- Assists in automated test script creation from the backlog
- Participates in development, QA and deployment of cloud infrastructure in support of delivering functionality using CI/CD pipelines in an automated fashion.
- Designs test plans in a manner that supports automation testing for web-based tax applications.
- Develops and executes end-to-end functional and automated test scripts and creates clearly documented defects that enable a developer to recreate the issue.\
- Develops application software
- Supports resiliency and scalability using AWS and other cloud platforms
- Communicates test results, status and potential risks.
- May provide leadership to a small team of quality engineers, assign work or provide guidance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent in education and business experience.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years software application development experience
- Experience with C# a must
- Powershell experience
- Database experience (SQL)
- Experience with advanced programing like Multithreading, Async/Await, Dependency Injection/IOC
- Experience utilizing TFS/Azure DevOps 2019 as related to CI/CD build pipeline automation and best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an SDET using Selenium with C# for automation, and Visual Studio.
- Strong cCommand of and experience with Unit Test frameworks like xUnit, NUnit, and MStest.
- Experience with Microsoft development stack and development lifecycle tooling (C#, ASP.Net Core, .Net Core, MVC/Web API/WCF, SQL Server, Visual Studio, TFS, Git, NuGet).
- Experience with AWS or Azure is good to have
- A strong good understanding of Object-Oriented programming and design concepts.
- Significant experience with Agile development processes is a must; Kanban and Scrum highly preferred with 2-week sprints
- Experience in developing and maintaining test automation frameworks and understanding of test automation design patterns and software testing principles.
- Working knowledge of SOAP or REST API services and testing practices
- Ability to dissect requirements and architecture into implementations of code and testing frameworks that validate working software in an autonomous fashion
- Experience building data driven tests and frameworks for Web, Windows, and Micro services.
- Strong Good organizational and communication skills. Ability to communicate cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Understanding of test methodologies (regression, functional, unit, integration, API/Services, web responsive, screen scraping, code coverage, performance, etc.)
- Ability to implement testing programs and review code and systems solutions.
- Understanding of S.O.L.I.D. Principles, MOQ Unit Testing, Page Object Model Patterning, the Test Automation Pyramid, Behavior Driven Development linguistics, Application Under Test analysis for Automation Readiness, and Standards and Processes as applied to End User Framework usage
- Ability to analyze Test Cases for Automation Readiness in relation to an Application Under Test
- Understanding of Structured Scripting Automation Frameworks
- ISTQB training preferred
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of processors, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Individual Tax Code – Basic understand of the federal and/or state(s) individual tax code.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Systems Analysis — Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Information Ordering — The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Oral Comprehension — The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension — The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Problem Sensitivity — The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT
- Typing, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, reaching.
- Constant mental, visual and auditory attention. The flow of work requires focused, detailed attention and keying at a computer monitor.
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
- This job role participates in an active production support rotation, so on-call responsibilities would be one week in every three.
- FLSA Status: Salaried, Exempt