Title: Software Development Engineer - Backend
Location: Kirkland, WA
Software Development Engineer to help drive innovation, flexibility and standards. Work with dedicated teams in the development / enhancement of statistical road and traffic engines using data (historical, real time), data-sets, data analysis applications, products (GIS), patterns, predictive analysis, mobile-based visualizations of real time systems as well as company standards, best practices, processes and procedures.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years’ experience in production level software development, architecture and design.
- Knowledge of AWS services (Kinesis, ECS, RDS, ElastiCache).
- Writing services, APIs, performance, scalability, etc.
- AWS environment experience (Cloud services, EC2, CloudWatch).
- Must have experience that reflects Java (at least 80%), C#, Scala.
- Scala, T-SQL, Athena, Hadoop, MapReduce, Lambda, Splunk, Jira, GitHub, Ansible, Data Pipeline, Glue. Knowledge or willingness to learn data ingestion, data processing / ETL, data partitioning, data storage and data management.
TASKS / DUTIES
- Work with large amounts of data to build efficient, high availability backend infrastructures.
- Create thoughtful, efficient and durable code design.
- Build systems that operate at large scale, run reliably and efficiently.
- Handle production and operations work as required.
- Perform coding, assessment of the various systems (how things work), handle routine maintenance.
- Automation and the running of established processes and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and handle investigations for customers.
- Bug fixes, feature enhancements.
- Assist team focus on main product development.
- Keep things running smoothly, work towards systems / application improvements and advancements.
- Technical leadership and the ability to collaborate across teams.
- Hands-on, high level people, communications and presentation skills.
- Work with and utilize a diverse set of products.
- Hit the ground running with a focus on keyboard work and getting listed priorities completed.
- Think from a high level, (strategic and systematic thought is required for success).
- Understands business value, should work more to help solve business problems, work less to just add technology.
- Take on more duties, add to contribution value in time.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and iteration.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science (or related), equivalent work experience will be considered, associated certifications and training a plus.