Title: Software Development Engineer (mid-senior level)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Type: Contract to Hire
Leading provider of predictive and historical traffic information connected vehicle services and analytics worldwide. Oversee and utilize traffic displays and navigation for large public / private sector and enterprise companies, providing support for customers in more than 65 countries.
Software Development Engineer to work with a dedicated team and drive the process of creating highly usable systems based on creativity, company standards, best practices and in-house processes and procedures.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years’ experience production level software development, architecture and design experience.
- Solid, proficient code design experience using Java (primary), C#, Scala and Python.
- Work in a company and client services AWS environment (data pipeline, firehose, big data, etc.).
- Knowledge of query languages (T-SQL, Athena) a plus.
- Building data pipelines and data management of GPS and other in-house / historical data.
- Ability to code and create thoughtful, efficient and durable systems using data from various feeds.
- Work with various data platforms, monitor and assess real time mobile phone data, compile the analytics.
- Build applications that operate at large scale, run reliably and efficiently while considering system and infrastructure limits.
- Maintain and extend SDLC applications and services.
- Gather and provide product teams with information as required.
- Team player, function as team leader when needed, high level or collaboration and leadership.
- Ability to see big picture, make judgment calls / decisions based on company and client requirements.
- Keep up with technology, embrace personal improvement and the pursue making things better.
- Work concertedly with others regardless of level or team.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn various skills (machine learning, graph processing, network analysis, distributed software systems, EMR systems, data schema design, AWS services and tools).
- Provide ongoing communication with users, engineering teams and management.
- Strong collaborative skills to collect requirements, describe and design software product features.
- Translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture designs and production quality software.
- Passion for user experience and improving usability.