Title: Software Development Engineer
Location: Kirkland, WA
Leading provider of predictive and historical traffic information connected car services and analytics worldwide. Oversee and utilize traffic displays and navigation for large public / private sector and enterprise companies. Support for customers in more than 65 countries.
Software Development Engineer to help drive innovation, flexibility and standards. Work with a dedicated team in the development / enhancement of statistical road and traffic engines using data (historical, real time), data-sets, data analysis applications, products (GIS), patterns, predictive analysis, mobile-based visualizations of real time systems as well as company standards, best practices, processes and procedures.
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
- Java (80%) – (must have).
- C# (20%) – (must have).
- AWS environment experience.
- Scala, SQL, MapReduce, Lambda, Splunk to code and debug.
TECHNOLOGIES IN USE
- C#, SQL, Microsoft, Java, S3, Machine Learning, Spark (parallel computation), various compute/storage nodes, MapReduce.
TASKS / DUTIES
- Handle production and operations work as required.
- Perform coding, assessment of the various systems (how things work), handle routine maintenance.
- Automation and the running of established processes and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and handle investigations for customers.
- Bug fixes, feature enhancements.
- Assist team focus on main product development.
- Keep things running smoothly, work towards systems / application improvements and advancements.
- Hands-on, high level people, communications and presentation skills.
- Work with and utilize a diverse set of products.
- Hit the ground running with a focus on keyboard work and getting listed priorities completed.
- Think from a high level, (strategic and systematic thought is required for success).
- Understands business value, should work more to help solve business problems, work less to just add technology.
- Take on more duties, add to contribution value in time.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and iteration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience, certifications and training.