Our client is seeking a Software Developer (Java / AWS) for a 6-month contract opportunity in Irving, TX! In this role you will need to be proficient with building APIs using Java and AWS cloud technologies. Your primary focus will be on developing sophisticated, scalable middleware platform using RESTful / Serverless API's to be consumed across the company. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Define the technical requirements that are required to develop the product/feature
- Architect and design the technical solution and implement the solution
- Explore, assess and prototype new technologies to drive innovation and problem solving
- Partner and collaborate with peers in other technology teams
- Actively engages in product and technical discussions for feasibility and adherence to overall roadmaps and architectural strategy.
- Identify and analyze open source/market solutions
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Expertise in writing APIs using Java and Spring framework.
- Expertise in building solutions on top of AWS such as Lambda, API Gateway, ECS, S3 and others
- Expertise in building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Experience working with modern development approaches (containerization, cloud, continuous delivery, micro-services, modular reactive web applications)
- Strong experience in working with DevOps and Build pipelines.
- Expertise in development of Unit Test cases and Testing frameworks and scripting
- Experience working with enterprise technology platforms.
- Strong experience with development methodologies such as Agile or SCRUM
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies including enterprise application integration, database design and configuration, web applications, operating platforms, security and networking.
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving ability and analytical skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and advisory skills
- 8+ years Java development experience
- 3+ years AWS cloud experience
- Experience with POS and Credit card payment processing is a plus.