Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Essbase Developer
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, 28262
Term: 18 months
- Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met in support of Essbase reporting solutions.
- Design, develop, test, debug and document solutions using Agile development practices.
- Regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the client to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or in a directly and closely related field.
- 3+ years’ experience developing and supporting Essbase reporting solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead or assist in the resolution of complex technical problems.
- Experience with Essbase OLAP platform (ASO/BSO) including but not limited to: outline design, load rules, MaxL scripts, partitions, calc scripts, security, tuning, optimization, and the SmartView Add-In for Excel.
- In depth experience with the full life-cycle of multidimensional-based financial reporting and analytical application projects including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, production rollout, documentation, and maintenance.
- Experience sourcing hierarchy and fact data from both file based and/or Relational sources - including Metadata Management Systems like DRM.
- Experience with UNIX/LINUX shell scripting to fully automate Essbase database outline builds, data loads and aggregations.
- Experience building complex automation processes with CA Autosys.
- Experience with Star schema design and relational database modeling in Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience working in Financial services industry or supporting data needs of finance teams
- Experience working with both business and technical partners.
- Essbase multi-dimensional database design and development
- Dodeca Spreadsheet Management System design and development
- Relational database design and development
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills