Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Java Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA 19106
Term: 24 months
- Regarded across the enterprise as an expert in multiple identified areas of expertise with responsibility for developing standards and enterprise-wide best practices and for engineering complex, largescale technology solutions to address highly complex and cross-organizational issues.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the client to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10 Years of Professional IT experience in full life cycle software development including Customer Interaction, Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Implementation, Development, Deployment, Testing and Maintenance.
- Experience in financial sectors.
- Experience in Agile and waterfall development methodologies.
- Experience on Distributed Web Services/ Enterprise / Web / Client- Server systems using Java, J2EE (JSP, Servlets, JDBC, EJB, JMS, JAXP, JAXB), XML, RESTful/ SOA Web services, Spring, Hibernate, Active MQ, Hermes, JMS, JBPM.
- Experience in implementing Core Java & J2EE design patterns like Singleton, Factory Pattern, Service locator, Business Delegate, DAO, Session Façade and Value object pattern etc.
- Strong working experience in Maven and Gulp tools, used for the build and Packaging.
- Strong working experience in web 2.0, RIA.
- Experience in implementing TDD using JUnit, TESTNG, Protractor and Selenium.
- Extensive experience with Application Servers like JBOSS, IBM WebSphere & Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with Jenkins for a continuous build process.
- Extensive working experience in using IDE’s like IntelliJ, Eclipse, WSAD and RAD.
- Experienced in databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MYSQL.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to quickly learn emerging technologies and adapt to the rapidly changing IT industry.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills