Terrific Long-Term Contract Opportunity with a FULL suite of benefits!
As one of the largest financial institutions in the world, our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that's not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Position: Software Developer
Location: Minneapolis, Des Moines, or Charlotte
Term: 6 months with potential for hire or extension
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents programs using Agile development practices.
- Maintains broad knowledge of other technology engineering disciplines and collaborating with other key experts to ensure we are making the right technology choices for the client.
- Translates advanced technology experience, an in-depth knowledge of the organizations tactical and strategic business objectives, the enterprise technological environment, the organization structure, and strategic technological opportunities and requirements into technical engineering solutions.
- Responsible for being an expert resource for architects in the development of target architectures to ensure that they can be properly designed and implemented through sound engineering practices.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices and new technologies and recommends innovations that enhance operations and/or provide a competitive advantage to the organization.
- Provides expert counsel to senior technology leadership and advises and mentors others with the goal of knowledge transfer.
- Represents the Company to external industry groups, influencing industry standards.
Is this a good fit? (Requirements):
- 10+ years of application Design & development (JavaEE & SOA) and implementation experience
- BS/BA degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering (or a related Information Technology degree), Or equivalent work experience in software engineering
- Self-starter who can identify what is needed and take action with minimal oversight
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with applying Domain Driven Design in transforming enterprise level monolith applications
- Experience working with Microservices and Micro front end architecture in Cloud platform
- Experience working with event streaming architecture at scale using Kafka framework
- Experience working with Relational and NoSQL Databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL and Mongo DB.5. Experience with JSON based Data model and MISMO specifications
- Experience working in an Agile product environment with scrum ceremonies (Product Discovery, Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Reviews)
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- An industry-standard technology certification
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills